The most common bag that we use for our daily shopping is a plastic one. However, we all know how harmful this is to our environment. That is the reason our government has come up with a notice to start using reusable bags to ensure that our mother earth is safe. People are using plastic bags even now and they are not even aware of how it is harmful to our environment. Here we are going to talk about the reasons to make use of reusable bags the most.
Reusable bags, like canvas or cotton bags, are more popular nowadays. This is because they are highly sustainable and eco-friendly too. Another reason is that they are versatile and can be used in as many ways as you want. These canvas or cotton bags are affordable in any manner, whether you buy them in bulk or just one.
Many companies are now distributing these bags as corporate gifts to their colleagues or collaborators. If you are looking for one, then Custom Earth Promos can help you get this in bulk. They make custom shopping bags from natural water bottles and other recycled materials. They are based in Delray Beach, Florida, and have an online website where you can get more details.
Why do we say that reusable grocery bags are the best ones to use? Here are some reasons:
- The plastic bags take around 15 to 1000 years to decompose completely. So, you can imagine the number of plastic bags lying in the landfill for years.
- There are around 1 million birds, 100000 turtles, and many other sea animals that die every year because of these plastic bags. Many animals confuse these floating bags with the other animals and then die due to their clogged digestive tract.
- Recycling a plastic bag is way more costly in comparison to any other thing. That is the reason many recyclers do not accept recycled plastic bags, thus leaving them discarded in landfills.
- The EPA has estimated that only around 2% of plastic bags are recycled every year. The rest just lies around in the landfills then release toxins in the water and soil.
- To make a plastic bag, around 14 million trees are chopped down every year. So, how can this be a better option to be used?
- Paper bags are also not a better option as they also double the atmospheric waste.
- Most plastic bags flutter away due to wind and get stuck in the trees or litter around our environment.
- Petroleum products are used to make these plastic bags. And as we know, this is a nonrenewable resource.
Advantages of using a reusable grocery shopping bag:
- These bags are very cost-effective. You can just wash them and reuse them as many times as you want to.
- They are strong and durable and can carry many items together; hence, they are much better than plastic bags
- They are simple and comfortable to be carried.
- You do not have to worry about them getting torn up.
- It is the best for branding your business as you can customize them as per your choice.
Reusable bags are ideal to be carried as they are available in different materials, colors and designs.