Almost every corporate employee has an EPFO account in which their company makes monthly contributions. These contributions are accumulated in one place which is known as the PF account. But if you want to access your PF account then you will have to activate the UAN. UAN stands for universal account number that has to be activated before you access your EPFO account. The UAN remains the same irrespective of the organization you work for. Using the UAN, you can manage all the activities of your EPFO account. But you will have to go through the process of the UAN Activation before you use the UAN for managing your account. Here, in this article, you can see the process to activate the UAN, and later you can use it for managing your EPFO account.
Process of UAN Activation
You must follow the steps given below to activate the UAN and make the UAN login. These steps are simple to follow and you will have to apply them on your laptop having a proper internet connection.
- You must first go to the EPFO’s official website on your computer system.
- Then, you can see the Service Tab displayed on the top among the other Tabs displayed.
- Now expand the service tab and then click on the ‘For Employees’ option.
- Then, choose the ‘Member UAN/Online service (OCS/OTCP)’ option and this option will be displayed under the Service Head.
- Now, you can see the Employee Login Portal in front of you.
- Now you will have to click on the Activate UAN option on the same page.
- You can find this option under the Important links column in the right side corner of the page.
- Once you click on the link, you will be redirected to another page.
- Here you will need to enter one of the following:-
- UAN Member ID
- Aadhar card details
- Then you will have to enter your Name, DOB, Mobile Number, and Email ID.
- Then for the verification, you will have to enter the given Captcha shown in the box.
- Now hit the ‘Get Authorization PIN’ link.
- Check the ‘I Agree’ Checkbox and provide the OTP you have received on your registered mobile number.
- Finally, your UAN number and the password will be shared with you by the EPFO.
After completing the UAN activation process you can access the EPFO portal and manage your account. So, you can follow the steps given above for UAN activation, and using the UAN and the password, you can make the UAN Login to manage your account.
Now you know what is UAN Activation and what steps you will have to follow to activate the Universal Account Number. After activating the UAN, you can easily make the UAN Login and perform various activities that are involved in managing your EPFO account. You can check the PF balance, make withdrawals, and make many such other activities after activating your UAN. The above steps are simple to follow and you will have to apply these steps on the official website of EPFO.
Read Also: UNI Card: Should you apply for them?