Everyone wants to have healthy and glowing skin; therefore, it is necessary to use sunscreen to avoid the effect of UV rays. People who notice brown patches on the skin should discuss their condition with a dermatologist in Karachi. The specialist will conduct relevant tests to diagnose the disease and provide treatment accordingly.
Melasma refers to a skin condition, in which one can notice patchy brown discoloration on the skin. Women above thirty-five are at a higher risk of suffering from melasma; however, the available treatment is proven effective in managing the symptoms.
Symptoms of Melasma
The symptoms of melasma are:
- The patient can observe brown patches on the face or other areas directly exposed to the sun.
- The patient can notice hyperpigmentation and discoloration on the central area of the face.
Causes of Melasma
The causes of melasma include:
- Pregnant women go through physiological changes, which can cause the mother to suffer from skin color changes and melasma.
- The increase in the progesterone affects the production of melanocytes, leading to melasma.
- Individuals who work outdoors all day long without using sunscreen are prone to suffer from melasma.
- Women may suffer from melasma as a side-effect of birth control pills.
- Individuals with family members suffering from skin diseases are at a higher risk of suffering from melasma or correlating diseases.
Complications associated with Melasma
The complications of melasma include:
- Individuals who take 4% hydroquinone to treat melasma can notice that their skin becomes highly sensitive. It causes the person to suffer from irritant dermatitis.
- The patient may suffer from inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Women are conscious of physical appearance; hence, females suffering from melasma are prone to suffer from anxiousness that may lead to clinical depression.
The preventive measures to reduce the chances of suffering from skin disorder include:
- Individuals with a family history of skin disorders must be well- aware and visit a specialist if they exhibit unusual symptoms for an early diagnosis and to avoid complications.
- People should use sunscreen every day while going to work to avoid UV rays affecting rays. Additionally, people must avoid coming in contact with harsh chemicals which can affect their overall health.
- Women should avoid taking birth control mediations and hormone therapy if possible, or else be aware of the side effects. It will help to have an early diagnosis and detect the cause of the condition.
The tests that help in diagnosing an individual with melasma are:
- Physical Examination: The specialist will conduct a thorough physical exam to evaluate the severity of the condition. Additionally, the patient will provide the doctor with relevant family history details to detect the cause of the disease.
- Black Light Examination: The test helps identify if the patient is suffering from mixed melasma.
- Biopsy: Skin biopsy helps the specialist rule out other possibilities that have led to skin discoloration.
Effective Treatment Options
The mediations and therapy to treat melasma are:
- Use of Skin Lighteners: The ointment helps reduce skin discoloration. Applying the mediation twice a day helps reduce the brown patches on the skin.
- Use of Tri-Lu – combination cream: The mediations help reduce the brown patches on the skin caused by melasma.
- Laser Therapy: The light beams help treat brown spots on the skin.
- Use of Sunscreen: The patient must use sunscreen above SPF 50 to avoid reoccurrence and worsening of the condition
Individuals with melasma should confer with the best dermatologist in Lahore. The specialist will provide the latest treatment options that help in smooth recovery without further complications. The treatment will help them have smooth and even tone skin. It will boost their confidence and make them productive.
click here for more articals :