By performing Wavlink WiFi extender setup, the device makes it easier for its users across the globe to access lag-free internet access all over their homes. But, being a technical device, your Wavlink extender is vulnerable to major technical issues. And, one such issue that 9 out of 10 users experience is the “Wavlink extender red light” issue.
If you are also worried about the same issue and desperate to know the fixes, then this article is written for you. All you have to do is to apply the fixes provided here and get a relevant fix for the issue you are currently getting. Let’s get the ball rolling!
Why Getting Wavlink Extender Red Light?
The reasons behind getting the issue can be many. Still, we have mentioned a few of them which are the most common ones below. Because if you have the reasons handy, troubleshooting the issue will be a walk in the park for you! So, without thinking much, scroll down a little!
- You haven’t executed the Wavlink WiFi extender setup process properly
- Your Wavlink WiFi extender and your host router are not connected to each other
- Maybe the firmware of your Wavlink extender has become outdated
- The Wavlink extender’s WiFi signals got interrupted
- Technical glitches may also lead you to experience the issue
Now that you come to know the topmost reasons causing the issue, follow the troubleshooting hacks highlighted below and know how to make yourself rid of the “Wavlink extender red light” problem in a flash.
Fixed: Wavlink Extender Red Light
Fix 1: Reboot Your Wavlink Extender
Rebooting or power cycling the Wavlink extender is the first and foremost hack that you can apply to fix the red light issue with your device.
Mentioned below are the step-by-step instructions that will help you reboot your Wavlink extender in a flash:
- First things first, power off your Wavlink extender and unplug it from the wall socket in which it is plugged in
- Then, wait for a couple of minutes.
- Thereafter, plug in your Wavlink extender back.
- Connect your host router to the Wavlink extender using an Ethernet cable. You can also use a wireless source for making a connection between your devices. But, for this, you have to place them in close proximity. And, in case of Ethernet source, ensure that a working cable is firmly inserted into the correct ports of your devices.
Fix 2: Do Wavlink WiFi Extender Setup Properly
If your Wavlink extender is not configured properly, then also you may come across the red light issue. Therefore, to get rid of the issue and to make the most out of your WiFi range extender, ensure to do Wavlink setup process correctly.
Fix 3: Update Wavlink Extender Firmware
Your Wavlink WiFi range extender will stop functioning properly if the firmware version on it is outdated. And, outdated Wavlink extender firmware can also cause the red light issue. Therefore, to get rid of the issue, update the firmware of your Wavlink extender right away.
If you want to rack up Wavlink WiFi extender firmware update success, we suggest you call your ISP prior to executing the process. The reason being, the process requires a stable and fast internet connection. And, if your internet speed is poor or weak, the Wavlink extender firmware might take ages to download.
Also, you are not supposed to interrupt the process by going online or turning off your Wavlink WiFi extender. Have patience! Your extender will reboot once the process meets its successful end.
Fix 4: Relocate Your Wavlink Extender
One of the common reasons behind getting the issue is because the WiFi signals of your Wavlink range extender are getting interrupted. Therefore, ensure to place your Wavlink extender away from Alexa devices, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, and so on in your home. Also, avoid placing the device inside a cabinet, back of your desktop, or on a lower area.
Now, we are about to end this piece of writing to an end. We really hope that the above-mentioned Wavlink extender troubleshooting hacks will help to fix “Wavlink extender red light” issue.