Since GTA V’s release in 2013 a plethora of thousands , if not millions of custom mods were created to support the game. The mod community is among the most enthusiastic gamers and that’s the case for every Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most successful game to date, it’s understandable that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support.
One of the biggest issues that players face with mods is understanding how to install and download them to ensure they can function within the game. This can be difficult for players who may not be the best at technology. Additionally, there’s the problem of figuring out what modifications to download in 2022 nearly 9 years since the game initially launched. Below, players will find the steps for downloading mods from GTA V and which ones they should first consider installing.
Mods to download in GTA V
Before players are able to decide what mods they need to install, they should be aware of how to download the mods. It is important to note that players can only install mods when playing in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use mods in GTA Online. If players try to join GTA Online with mods enabled the game will be banned.
There are a variety of steps involved in downloading mods to GTA V. The first step is described below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Start the download on your browser, and then follow the steps to install the application provides.
- Once the installation process is completed, open the game and then select Windows on the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue, and then click the Tools box at in the upper taskbar on OpenIV
- Choose ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. If you are prompted, select Yes.
What this process gives players is an opportunity for downloading and managing their GTA V mods. Users can access the OpenIV application at any time to review how their mods are doing, deinstall the mods, or change their settings. The next step in the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Go to best-modding.com
- Select a mod that you wish to download. You can choose a specific category of mods on the top of the taskbar on the site and sort by latest to the most popular mods in the category.
- Once a mode is selected then click on the appropriate box and then click on the green Download button.
- Certain mods will download a .rar extension file into your internet browser, while other will take you to the Github page that will show the most recent version of the mod available to download the file.
- If the mod downloaded is a .rar file, you’ll require a different program for opening it like 7-Zip File Manager. It is available from the Microsoft Store
- After your .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document that you can open in Notepad. This will provide instructions on how you can download the mod
- If a mod is listed on an Github page you can download the most recent version. The mod will be downloaded as a zipped archive, that you have to extract to a different location on your computer.
- After the files have been extracted After the files have been extracted, copy then paste them to the Mods folder on the computer’s GTA V game directory. This is the exact directory you specified in the file path of the OpenIV application.
- Start GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of the file to GTA V’s GTA V directory or followed the directions to open the .rar file
This process is not limited to the general mods accessible for download, there are mods that make use of scripts. This requires a second mod, called Script Hook in order to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and then extract the contents to another folder on your computer.
- Cut and copy the contents of the file into the directory for games in GTA V, but don’t place them in a particular directory.
- Create a new folder within the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose an option to download a script modification (these are typically identified with .net)
- Unzip the Mod file to extract its contents time
- Paste and copy the content of your file to the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure to follow the guidelines to use the mod provided by the mod’s creator. The instructions is available in the best-modding.com page about the mod
When all the actions are done Once all of those steps are completed, players can begin using mods without restriction within GTA V.
The most effective mods available in GTA V
If you are looking for mods to download, the options can seem overwhelming. There are a variety of types of categories, and many mods available to choose from within the categories. Each player’s preferences regarding their experience with mods are going to be different, we’ve created five of the top GTA V mods as of 2022.
1. GTA 5 Car Pack:
This pack includes 200 cool cars as well as modern contemporary vehicles. It’s the best GTA 5 car pack that has ever been released. With realistic, real-life vehicles. Most likely, it will feature the most stylish GTA car mods that include interactive fun and stunning stories mode cars. It will make a lot of GTA enthusiasts happy, so try it. This is likely to be the most convenient option for you.
The players have the option of downloading GTA 5 realistic car pack from best-modding.com.
2. GTA 5 Biggest Replacement Car Pack:
Two hundred and twenty GTA 5 Cars (Biggest Replacement Car Pack) that appears in traffic. Selected by me a lot of them are optimized for texture. A few models have been altered. They include Modern and Luxury, Sports and The Super Fastest Cars in GTA 5… It’s an awesome GTA 5 car pack mod and you must definitely test it.
Users can obtain their biggest replacement GTA 5 car pack via best-modding.com.
3. CooooL GTA 5 Graphics Mod:
The GTA 5 Graphics Mod is perfect for those who want to experience enhanced images on GTA 5 despite having low-end PCs. This is the preferred choice for a lot of players due to the upgraded visuals graphics this mod offers appear to be the most authentic. I suggest you download the mod (Full free).
The players are able to download Cooool GTA 5 graphics mod from best-modding.com.
4. GTA Vice City Remastered Map 2.0 – GTA 5 Mod:
GTA Vice City Remastered Map 2.0 The map is a complete version from Vice Cry for GTA 5 and is available as a DLC and featuring numerous new features added to give players the ultimate Vice City experience. One of the top textures of high-quality GTA 5 map mods. I suggest you consider it as it will give the most immersive experience GTA Vice City. It comes with top graphics, remastered map.
The players can get GTA Vice City remastered map 2.0 GTA Vice City remastered map 2.0 from best-modding.com.
5. The Biggest GTA 5 Garage – Near Michael’s House:
This is the Biggest GTA 5 Garage – Near Michael’s Home: Is the right place for you, as it’s the sole GTA 5 Garage that will offer additional spaces with motorbikes, cars planes, helicopters and even jetpack, an oppressor. That’s crazy enough that you need to set it up and arrange your collection of vehicles and not leave Michael’s house.
Gamer’s are able to download their biggest GTA 5 garage via best-modding.com.