QuickBooks users have recently encountered a number of issues, one of which being Quickbooks error 15241. This error usually arises when a user attempts to download or update payroll services.
Another explanation for the error code 15241 could be that the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service is turned off. However, QuickBooks payroll updates can be quite inconvenient for users to deal with.
In this article, we will take you through the major causes of this error code and will include all the possible solutions to resolve such an error code.
So, let’s get started!
QuickBooks Error 15241: Meaning
The user may come up with an error message on the screen which states that:
Error Code 15241: Payroll update hasn’t been completed successfully
However, there may be various factors that result in the Quickbooks error 15241.
It may arise because of a corrupted Microsoft window installer or due to a corrupted QuickBooks desktop installation.
As a result, this error code creates a nuisance in the QuickBooks payroll function and is usually seen when the user installs or updates the payroll.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15241
The QuickBooks error 15241 can be caused by various reasons. However, a few of them are outlined below:
- Firstly, QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service is turned off. This service is crucial to the operation of the Quickbooks application and payroll service.
- The downloaded file became corrupted in some way.
- Alternatively, if the QuickBooks installation was not successfully finished.
- A similar error could be observed if the Windows registry files became corrupted as a result of the installation of QuickBooks.
- Trojan attack is one such explanation.
- In the event that some QuickBooks-related vital files are accidentally erased,
- If the anti-virus program is preventing access to the updated file, the Quickbooks error 15241 will be displayed.
Possible Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15241
After knowing about the major causes to fix the error code, it’s time to look for possible solutions to resolve Quickbooks error code 15241. List down below are the solutions to resolve the error code 15241:
Start the QuickBooks Reboot.bat file and re-register installation files on Windows
- Close all QuickBooks windows before right-clicking the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop.
- Select Properties and then the option to Open File Location.
- Locate the Reboot.bat file and double-click on it.
- The Reboot.bat command is executed during this operation, which re-registers all QuickBooks-related files on Windows.
- When the DOS window closes automatically, restart your computer and try updating QuickBooks again.
- If QuickBooks error 15241 displays message again while installing updates, proceed to the next troubleshooting method.
Additional Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Error 15241 for Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista
The methods a user can take to resolve error number 15241 based on Windows classification are listed below. However, before performing the below-mentioned steps it is recommended to backup your QB desktop.
- Quit the QB Desktop software
- Select Manage from the menu that appears after right-clicking on My Computer.
Users using Windows 10: Search for Computer by clicking the Search button in the taskbar. Right-click the PC and select the Manage tab.
- Choose Services and Applications from the left pane.
- Now, double-click on the Service option item.
- From the list, locate and double-click the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service.
- Under the General tab, pick Manual from the Startup type drop-down menu.
- Now press the Apply button.
- Press the Start button, and then select OK.
- Try updating QuickBooks Desktop and installing the most recent payroll tax table updates.
Steps to Resolve Quickbooks Error 15241 for the users of Windows XP
If you are a regular user of Windows XP, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- In the first step shut off QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, from the Desktop, right-click ‘My Computer’ and select ‘Manage.’ The PC management screen will ‘Open’ here.
- Select ‘Services’ from the Services and Applications tab. The Services window will now appear.
- Scroll down to the ‘Intuit QuickBooks FSC’ service and double-click it. The Properties box for Intuit’s ‘QuickBooks FCS’ will appear.
- Click on the ‘General tab,’ then on the ‘Startup’ type drop-down list, and finally on the ‘Manual’ option.
- Then, the user must click on the OK button.
- After that, reopen the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- Payroll tax tables should be updated.
- Choose Employees, then Get ‘Payroll Updates.’
- Select the option to get the whole payroll update.
- Choose the ‘Update’ tab.
- When the download is complete, a notification will appear that reads, “A new tax table and/or modifications to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your computer.”
- Finally, click ‘OK’ to learn about the modifications that will be presented on your screen.
Following the troubleshooting methods, it is recommended that payroll be updated to the most recent version. However, it is possible that Quickbooks error 15241 is caused by the failure of another application. In such a situation, it is vital to thoroughly investigate the problem and rectify the error. Still, if the problem persists after attempting the remedies listed above, you can connect with the relevant team for further assistance.