With the increasing number of patients with depression, ketamine therapy has made its way to the top preferences of treatment. However, this therapy may work for some and not for others.
If a person has been suffering from a serious mental health issue like depression, PTSD, anxiety, etc., then Ketamine therapy can help them to reconnect their loose neuron connections and build a strong brain. You can visit family and occupational medicine roseville to get Ketamine therapy for the patient.
What is Ketamine therapy?
Ketamine therapy is a mental health treatment approach that involves the usage of low doses of ketamine to treat mental health disorders like depression, anxiety, and PTSD. Ketamine is a dissociative anesthetic medicine that helps to relax patients’ brain functioning.
Besides, Ketamine therapy activates the existing connection between the neurons and grows the new one. It also shakes off the loose negative thoughts and reshapes the brain.
What are the benefits of Ketamine Therapy?
The benefits of Ketamine therapy are as follows:
- It helps to calm the mind of the patients.
- Helps to relieve pain related to certain procedures.
- Helps in the treatment of depression, migraine, TSD, anxiety, OCD, etc.
- Decreased need for narcotic painkillers.
- Works rapidly on the body.
- Does Not affect the breathing rate or the blood pressure.
- It can be used as an anesthetic in surgery.
- Does Not cause major complications.
Mental Health Benefits of Ketamine Therapy:
Most mental health patients observed results just within two to three infusions as it is a fast-acting drug.
Here are some of the mental health benefits observed in patients with depression:
- Helps in reducing suicidal thoughts in the patient.
- Reduces the symptoms of post-traumatic stress and anxiety.
- Helps in reducing self-harming thoughts.
Physical health benefits of Ketamine Therapy:
Ketamine also improves the physical health of a person, along with improving mental health. Here are some of the benefits of Ketamine Therapy on the individual’s personal health.
- Reduces the body’s signals for inflammation and helps improve communication with the brain.
- Helps the patients to maintain a good and healthy diet by reducing the urge to overeat or by increasing the appetite in case of undernourished patients.
What are the side effects of Ketamine therapy?
Although there are many benefits of Ketamine therapy, a person must take the therapy only after consulting the doctor.
Here are some of the side effects of Ketamine Therapy:
- The patients may feel elation or distortion in their bodies. (Feels like floating)
- The patient may experience nausea, headache, dizziness, blurry vision, pronounced drowsiness, sensitivity to light and sound, mood changes, temporary heart rate elevation, and blood pressure.
- There are risks of Ketamine addiction.
Apart from these, long-term usage may further lead to damaging your bladder. Hence, make sure to take the therapy as prescribed.