Designed with precision, Netgear Nighthawk routers are the best wireless networking devices in the industry. However, many users have reported that they’re facing technical issues with their router. Are you amongst these users? If the answer to the question is yes, then fret not. In this article, we’ve shed light on some of the most effective tips that’ll help you fix the Netgear router not working issue in a flash. So, what are you waiting for? Read on.
Fixed: Netgear Nighthawk Router Not Working
- Reboot Your WiFi Router
One of the major reasons why your Netgear Nighthawk router is refusing to work properly is because of technical glitches. To get rid of the issue, you need to reboot your router. Follow the instructions mentioned below to give your device a restart:
- Disconnect every WiFi-enabled device connected to your home router.
- Power off your Nighthawk router and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug the router back into the wall outlet and turn it on.
- Now, connect as many devices with your router as you want.
If rebooting your Netgear WiFi router didn’t resolve the issue for you, then continue reading.
- Check the Ethernet Connection
Another reason why your Netgear router is not working is because it isn’t properly connected to the existing modem. Chances are that the Ethernet cable connecting your devices is worn out or damaged. Thus, it is recommended that you replace the damaged cable with a new one and try to connect your WiFi devices again.
Also, check the distance between your Netgear router and modem. If your devices are placed far from each other, then change that right away! Doing so will ensure that you face no further technical issues.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router can also help you troubleshoot the issue you’re currently facing. So, the help of the steps mentioned below and learn how to update the firmware of your WiFi device:
- Firstly, make sure that your home router is receiving enough power supply.
- Also, ensure that it has access to a blazing-fast internet connection.
- Next, launch an internet browser on your PC.
- Enter the default Nighthawk router login IP in the address bar of your web browser.
- Press Enter.
- The Netgear router login page will prompt you to enter the default login credentials.
- So, fill in the default username and password in the given fields, and hit Log In.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, head over to the Settings option.
- Select Administration and click Firmware Update.
By following these instructions, you’ll be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router with ease.
- Reset Your Nighthawk Router
Although updating the firmware will fix the ‘Netgear router not working issue’ for you, if it doesn’t, then it is recommended that you perform default factory reset. Restoring your WiFi router to the default mode will surely help you out!
Given below are the guidelines that you should follow to reset your Netgear Nighthawk router:
- Find the Reset button located on your home router.
- Once found, take a paper clip or any pointed object and press the button.
- Hold the button for a few seconds, then release it.
Once you are done resetting your Nighthawk device, perform Netgear router setup from scratch.
Netgear router not working is amongst the many issues that users face with their Nighthawk WiFi routers. But, if you carefully follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article, there’s nothing that can stop you from fixing the issue.