Netgear EX6100 is a dual-band WiFi range extender that provides users with a high-speed internet connection. The mesh extender delivers fast WiFi speed for tablets, smartphones, laptops, and more. That is why a lot of people prefer performing Netgear EX6100 setup in their homes. However, it can be a great problem if the Netgear extender drops the WiFi connection every now and then. Well, if you are also endeavoring with the same issue, fret not. It can be resolved with the help of a few troubleshooting tips. Wondering what are those tips? Let’s find out.
Fixed: Netgear EX6100 Dropping WiFi Connection
- Reboot Your Netgear EX6100 Extender
Your Netgear EX6100 extender might be dropping WiFi connection due to technical glitches. The best method to get rid of these glitches is by rebooting the extender. Rebooting is a simple hack but has worked in most cases.
Walk through the following instructions and know how to reboot your Netgear EX6100 extender:
- Switch off your Netgear EX6100 extender.
- Now, let your extender sit idle for some time.
- Once done, switch on your Netgear EX6100 extender.
Now, try surfing the internet on your WiFi-enabled devices. If the internet connection is still intermittent, then give a trial to the next hack.
- Connect Your Extender and Router Properly
An improper connection between your Netgear EX6100 extender and the router is also one of the most possible causes behind the dropping WiFi connection. So, make sure that your WiFi devices are connected properly. If you have connected them through a wireless source, use an Ethernet cable.
If you are already using an Ethernet cable, then check for any cuts on it. In case of any damage, get a new Ethernet cable. Above all, the connection between your WiFi devices should be finger-tight.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
If your device is running on an outdated version of firmware, it can also lead you to the Netgear EX6100 extender dropping WiFi connection issue. The effective solution is to update the firmware to its latest version. If you don’t know about the process of performing Netgear firmware update, we have summed it up for you in a few simple steps:
- After making the required connection between your WiFi devices, switch on your PC.
- Launch a web browser that you generally use but make sure to update it.
- Download the firmware file for your Netgear EX6100 extender at a convenient location on your PC.
- Once done, access mywifiext local.
- Log in to your Netgear EX6100 extender using its default login credentials.
- Now, go to the Advanced menu and click the Administration tab.
- Select Firmware Update.
- Proceed further by uploading the firmware file you’ve just downloaded on your PC.
- The firmware of your Netgear EX6100 extender will get upgraded to its latest version.
- Relocate the Netgear EX6100 Extender
The location plays a dominant role in deciding your Netgear EX6100 extender’s performance. So, make sure that you’ve chosen an ideal place for your extender. Your device shouldn’t be placed inside a cabinet or beneath a table. Avoid placing it near a corner and concrete walls too.
The radiowaves emitted by some devices can mess with the WiFi signals of your extender. So, never place your Netgear EX6100 extender near devices like microwave ovens, refrigerators, cordless phones, etc.
- Reset Your Netgear EX6100 Extender
Did the correct placement of your Netgear EX6100 extender also fail to free you from the dropping WiFi connection issue? It seems that you haven’t properly installed your WiFi device. To get the issue fixed, we recommend you restore your Netgear extender to factory default settings. Doing so will remove all the personalized settings from your WiFi device and also resolve the dropping WiFi connection issue.
You can reset your Netgear EX6100 extender by opting for the hard reset method. All you need to do is, press the Reset button on your device with a sharp object. Thereafter, your extender will get restored to the default settings.
Now, reconfigure your WiFi device and connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s Netgear_ext SSID in order to enjoy a lag-free internet connection.
Getting rid of the ‘Netgear EX6100 extender dropping WiFi connection’ issue is important to access a lightning-fast internet. We hope that the tips mentioned in this article will help you in resolving the issue and refreshen your internet experience.