To access the WiFi using your Nighthawk AC1900 router in the home, you first need to set it up with the home network. That means you need to connect it to the existing modem or the internet gateway. Although this is an easy task, users often get stuck while executing it. We have jotted down the setup process for the Nighthawk routers in such a manner that it is very simple to understand and so easy to execute. Find the instructions for setting up your Netgear Nighthawk router in the next section.
Preparing to Set Up Netgear AC1900 Router
Before you commence the Nighthawk AC1900 setup process for your Netgear Nighthawk router, we want you to confirm a few things beforehand.
First of all, make sure that you have a stable internet connection in your home. Stable internet is mandatory so that the setup process doesn’t get interrupted mid-way.
Secondly, after you are done with checking the internet connection, check the power supply to the Nighthawk router as well as the device that you are using to complete the setup process. You need to have a look at the power socket that you will be using to connect the router. It should be in well working condition. Consider taking the help of UPS if you feel your area suffers a lot from power outages.
Thirdly, gather information about the default admin credentials of your Nighthawk AC1900 router. You will need this to access the Netgear setup page that you need to get through the setup process.
Finally, you can begin setting up the Netgear Nighthawk router. The next section unveils the instructions to set up your router in an easy manner.
Instructions To Set Up Netgear Nighthawk Router
Setup Using Web-based GUI
- Connect the Netgear AC1900 router to an active wall socket and turn on the power button. When the power LED is solid, you can rest assured that the router is powered up completely. However, if it doesn’t then try connecting the router again to an active wall socket after unplugging it.
- Now, use an Ethernet cable to connect the Netgear router to the modem. Make it a point that you are making a solid connection between the two devices to avoid any problems later on during the process.
- Connection done? Now turn your PC on. It should be loaded with an updated OS. If it isn’t then update the OS first.
- After this, open a browser that is also again, updated one. We are stressing on updated device or browser because older versions sometimes cause trouble while getting through the setup process. We don’t want that to happen to you. As we already mentioned earlier we want you to understand the entire process easily.
- In the URL bar of the browser input the login URL which is routerlogin.net carefully without making any typos. Did you notice we mentioned the URL is to be used? So, avoid putting the address into the search bar of the browser.
- Thereafter, hit the Enter key.
- You will be accessing the router login page after this.
- Here you will see two empty fields wherein you need to input the username and password of the Netgear account. So, type the default details in the given fields and click on Log In.
- You will be navigated to the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard now.
- On this screen, you got to do what the screen instructs you. That means use the instructions highlighted on the screen and complete the setup process.
Your Netgear AC1900 router is now set up using the manual method.
Setup Using WPS Button
You can also use another method to set up your device. This method, known as the WPS method is much easier.
- Power on the Netgear AC1900 router by plugging the power adapter into the power socket.
- Power up the modem as well. Both devices should be placed close to each other.
- Push the button labeled WPS on the Netgear router.
- Now, push the WPS button on the modem.
Your Netgear AC1900 is set up with the home network.
The setup process is important to begin accessing the Netgear router WiFi on various devices in the home. The setup task can be accomplished by using any of the two methods that we have mentioned in this article. We are sure you did not find any trouble while executing the setup process for your Netgear AC1900 after walking through the instructions provided here.