TP link WiFi range extender is one of the ultimate ways to boost the WiFi range and speed of your existing WiFi network. Once you are done with TP link extender setup, it will expand your router’s WiFi signals and broadcast them to provide you with uninterrupted speed of the internet in every nook and cranny of your house.
There are 2 main ways to complete the TP link extender setup process:
- TP link extender setup – Manual method
- TP link extender setup – WPS method
We will guide you with the two methods one by one.
TP Link Extender Setup – WPS Method
- First things first, put your TP link WiFi range extender on power.
- Make sure that the power supplied to your TP link extender is steady and fluctuation-free. Also, ensure that the wall plug you are using is free from any sort of damages.
- Locate and press the WPS button on your TP link extender.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Press the WPS button on your WiFi device. Ensure that the device is WPS capable.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Let the WPS LED on your device become solid green.
- Now, unplug your TP link extender and move it to your preferred location.
Connect your computer, laptop, and mobile devices to the new extended WiFi network and start using the uninterrupted speed of the internet to the fullest.
Want to preform TP link extender setup without WPS? Need not to worry! Give the manual method a shot.
TP Link Extender Setup Without WPS
- First and foremost, plug in your WiFi range extender to a working wall socket.
- Now, connect the TP link device to your main router.
- Open a web browser of your choice on a desktop or laptop. The browser must be up-to-date.
- In the browser’s URL bar, type TP link extender’s default IP.
- Press Enter.
- Enter the default admin details of your WiFi range extender.
- The Settings page of your TP link extender displays.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully in exact given order and perform the TP link extender setup without WPS with great ease.
Facing issues while setting up TP link extender manually. Worry not! Give the TP link troubleshooting tips highlighted below a try.
TP link Extender Troubleshooting
- Make sure that the extender’s power supply is steady.
- Ensure that your router and the extender are well connected.
- The cable that you have used to connect your extender and router must be well working.
- Be certain that the IP address you are using is entered without typos in the browser’s URL bar.
- Be sure that the extender’s default IP isn’t typed in the web browser’s search bar.
- Make sure to have the correct TP link extender login credentials.
- Refer to the TP link extender manual for complete setup instructions and more information regarding the admin credentials.
- Use the default web address of your TP link extender i.e. tplinkrepeater.net instead of the IP address to access the settings page of your device.
- Ensure that you are connected to your home WiFi in a proper manner.
- Be certain to place your existing router openly. The live and active router’s WiFi signals are very important for your TP link extender to perform well.
- Be sure to keep your extender and router at the center-most area in your home and that too on a higher, clean, and open shelf.
- Make sure to keep your TP link extender and router away from interference-creating WiFi devices like Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, refrigerators, stabilizers, neighboring WiFi, gaming consoles, smart HDTV, etc.
Note: If you don’t want to use the manual method to set up your range extender, download and install the TP link extender app and follow the on-screen instructions.
Our guide on how to perform TP link extender setup without WPS ends here. However, if you need any assistance regarding TP link WiFi extender setup process, feel free to let us know via comments.