Netgear regularly releases new firmware versions for its Orbi device to enhance performance and introduce new features. In order to ensure that all new features like guest WiFi are available to your Netgear Orbi router and satellite, be certain that both Orbi devices are running the same firmware version.
This post will be your guide on how to manually update the Netgear Orbi firmware to the most latest version. Continue reading.
Steps to Manually Update the Firmware on Orbi Device
To manually upgrade the Netgear Orbi router and satellite firmware, you just need to follow three simple steps. Below given is a step-by-step guide to enlighten you on the process of Netgear Orbi firmware update:
Step – 1: Download the Firmware for Both Orbi Router and Satellite
First things first, you have to download the firmware on both your Orbi router and satellite by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Firstly, go to the Download Center of your Orbi device.
- After that, download the firmware and save it to your desktop.
- If needed, unzip the file.
- Turn on your PC or laptop and connect it to a reliable and high-speed WiFi network.
- Afterward, open your preferred web browser, be it Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
- Visit the orbilogin.net web-based page.
- Fill in the username and passphrase into the required fields.
- Once logged in, click on the Firmware Update section.
- Go to the Manual Update tab.
- The firmware update page comes into view.
It is suggested that you always update the firmware on your Orbi satellite first and then on the router. Don’t update the firmware on your Orbi satellite and router simultaneously. Or else, you may bump into lots of unnecessary issues.
Step – 2: Update the Firmware on Orbi Satellite
- Check the box next to the model name of your Netgear Orbi satellite.
- Click on the Update button.
- In case the browser asks you to enter the admin password, type the passphrase.
- Hit the Browse button and find and choose the file that you have downloaded in the step-1.
- Next, upload the firmware file by clicking on the Upload button.
- The firmware update process may require some time to finish, depending on your internet speed.
That’s how you can easily upgrade the Netgear Orbi satellite firmware. In case of any issue, it is recommended to power cycle or reboot your Orbi satellite once and try updating its firmware again.
Step – 3: Update the Firmware on Your Orbi Router
In order to update the firmware on your Orbi router, do the following:
- Return to orbilogin web page.
- Head over to the Firmware Update section.
- Click on the Manual Update tab.
- Hit the Browse button and then choose the file you have earlier downloaded for your Orbi router in the step-1.
- Click on the Upload button to continue.
- The firmware update process may take some time to finish.
- Hit the Yes button to proceed.
- As soon as the Orbi router firmware updates, bear in mind to double-check the firmware version appearing in the top-right corner.
The firmware of your Netgear Orbi router has been updated.
The Final Thoughts
So, this was all you need to know about the Netgear Orbi firmware update process. Now, you can rest assured that all new features are available on your Orbi device. We hope that with the help of this article, you will be easily upgrade the firmware. Thank you for reading the post.