When it comes to PF, most employees know very little about what EPFO does. EPFO stands for Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation and every employee is required to contribute 12 percent of their salary towards their PF account. Most of the users across India are trying to link their registered mobile number with their EPF accounts for getting their UAN. But, most of the people are facing some problems while doing so. If they are not able to proceed further or they are stuck up at a particular step, they can follow this article for getting help.
Aadhaar is India’s biggest effort at improving the efficiency of its government operations. You can think of it as an internal passport that allows you to prove your identity when dealing with any Indian government office or company that subscribes to it. Over a billion Indians have been registered so far, and the number is growing quickly. For a country like India, Aadhaar is a big deal. Since each Aadhaar number is unique to an individual, it can be used as a more reliable form of identification, and since it is connected to your demographic information it can serve as sort of a ‘digital locker’ for all of your vital records.
A Universal Account Number will help the EPFO centralize the KYC (Know Your Customer) details of members into a single system which should lead to better monitoring, including too early detection of cases that are getting complicated. The UAN should also help in doing away with multiple numbers being allotted to a single member. The argument is that with UAN, EPFO aims towards an integrated database of each member in its system. With the UID, EPFO would know even the bank account number of the members, which is otherwise not known to EPFO.
Linking an EPF account to Aadhaar is a very easy and walk-through process. The company where you or your parents have contributed while working helps you in it. You need not visit any branch if your Aadhaar number is linked with your EPFO account and UAN printed on your passbook.If you are eligible to make an online request, you can apply for UID using the UAN portal . A UAN is a unique number issued to members of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation. It serves as an account number for all the EPF accounts of the member. Every member is given a unique UAN based on his or her member number.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with EPF Account
It is mandatory to link your Aadhaar Card with your Employee Provident Fund account. However, the process is quite simple. Linking Aadhaar E-Aadhar accounts with EPF is mandatory in order to get benefits related to Employee Provident Fund (EPF).
- Step 1: For this, you need to visit the official portal of the EPFO and the website is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Step 2: Now you need to login to the account from your UAN and password that has been provided to you.
- Step 3: After this, you need to click on the Manage section where you click ok the KYC option and then can manage the things.
- Step 4: Now, when you click on the KYC option, a new page will appear in front of you from where you can link the Aadhaar card with your EPF Account.
- Step 5: In the Aadhaar card option, enter the Aadhaar number that is given on your card. After this, click on the save option to make sure it is recorded.
- Step 6: Now UIDAI will check your data after you save your aadhaar number and other details.
- Step 7: When your KYC document is checked and approved from the office, then you can link your Aadhaar with the EPF Account. On the Aadhaar card, a verified sign will appear in front of it.
Thus with this step, you can easily link your Aadhar card with your EPF Account and can enjoy all the benefits of it that are given to you by the officials.
Linking Aadhaar with Your EPF Account Offline
The EPFO has made it easier for employees who have enrolled for an Aadhaar while not being comfortable with computers. Such employees can also get their EPF account linked with an Aadhaar by visiting the EPFO office and submitting the application in person. It can be done easily by following these simple steps:
- Step 1: Get a “Aadhaar Seeding Application” form where you can fill this form and then submit it.
- Step 2: Fill the UAN number and the Aadhaar number in the form along with other relevant details that have been asked from you.
- Step 3: Along with the form, add the photocopies of some documents like UAN, PAN and Aadhaar.
- Step 4: After attaching all the documents and filling the form, then submit the documents to EPFO or Common Service Centers (CSC) outlets.
- Step 5: When you submit the documents then a verification process will take place and then they will tell you whether your Aadhaar is linked with your EPF Account or not.
- Step 6: After all the verification, a message will be there for you where it will be written about the documents linked with each other.
Thus, with these steps you can link the Aadhaar card with your EPF Account and then you can enjoy the benefits from it.
Link Aadhaar with EPF Account using UMANG App
However, if you want to claim your EPF online, it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar with UAN i.e. (Universal Account Number). If you link your UAN with Aadhaar, your EPF account will be directly debited from your bank account. The steps are:
- Step 1: From the Play Store or the App Store, download the UMANG App from them.
- Step 2: Now log in through the registered mobile number or register on it using your number.
- Step 3: Now enter the OTP or the MPIN in the blanks and then click on the continue.
- Step 4: After logging into the app, visit the All Services Tab and select the EPFO option in it.
- Step 5: After visiting this option, go for the e-kyc services for the Aadhaar Seeding option.
- Step 6: Enter the UAN number and then select the OTP option in it.
- Step 7: After receiving the OTP details, then enter it along with the Aadhaar number.
- Step 8: Again an OTP will be received by you and then enter it to link the Aadhaar Card with your UAN.
- Step 9: You will receive a confirmation from the officials and then your Aadhaar will be linked to your UAN.
Thus with this, you can link your Aadhaar card with your UAN.
Linking Aadhaar with EPF Account using OTP Verification on e-KYC Portal of EPFO
EPFO has proposed linking Aadhaar number with the EPF accounts of all members for better administration and easy access to member details. The steps are:
- Step 1: For linking your Aadhaar card and EPF Account, Visit: https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/
- Step 2: Under the EPFO option, visit the Link UAN Aadhaar option and continue the process.
- Step 3: After that, generate the OTP by entering the UAN and the registered mobile number.
- Step 4: Enter the OTP and select on the confirm OTP box to make sure you are in the right process.
- Step 5: Select your gender and then enter the Aadhar number in the space given to you.
- Step 6: Using Mobile/Email based OTP, you can get your Aadhaar verification done.
- Step 7: Now you will receive OTP on your registered Email address and the phone number.
- Step 9: When you fill it, then you need to enter the correct Captcha to make sure you are going in the right process.
- Step 10: When you click the ok submit button, your Aadhaar will be linked to your EPF account through e-KYC Portal of EPFO.
Thus with this process, you can Link Aadhaar with an EPF Account using OTP Verification on e-KYC Portal of EPFO. EPFO has begun a direct enrollment process through Aadhaar based biometric authentication and EPF members will be able to get their accounts seeded with Aadhaar cards.
Related Articles: How to Link Ration Card with Aadhar Card
The UAN is a permanent Account Number which is provided online immediately after the employee enrollment is completed by an enterprise. The same can also be downloaded from the EPFO’s website. It will be easier to monitor non-compliance, prevent frauds and streamline the HR processes of the EPFO. EPFO will now use an e-KYC service of UIDAI to authenticate the subscribers’ Aadhaar number linked with their Universal Account Number (UAN). You can link your Aadhaar card with your employee provident fund account using UAN allotted to you.
The objective of the linking of Aadhaar and UAN is to improve the security, eliminate identity frauds and prevent leakages. Thus people need to take this process seriously to get all the benefits from it.