Almost all of us have got used to a certain lifestyle and comfort in life. We are living a very high-paced life. To live up to that, we need different advanced appliances and gadgets. These appliances have become so indispensable that we cannot think of a life without them. However, when one needs to buy all of them at a time, it requires a huge investment. This is problematic, especially for someone moving from one place to another. As the new age workforce is becoming more footloose, more and more people can relate to such a scenario.
A plausible solution to this problem can be to rent some of these appliances. The trend of renting appliances is growing at a fast pace in many Indian cities like – Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Pune, Hyderabad, and Vishakapatnam. People are using digital platforms to rent appliances like washing machines, refrigerators, television, microwave ovens, dishwashers, etc. While renting appliances online may appear to be a boon for many, one needs to take a step back and consider a few vital points before deciding to rent.
Many online platforms are running such renting businesses. One can simply choose and select the items, sign the subscription contract, and the appliances are delivered to the doorstep by the agents or middlemen. However, one needs to clearly understand the terms and the conditions of such renting, and consider how much is the security deposit, in case of any breakage or non-functioning what is the policy for exchange or repair, handling fees, etc. These are the minimum background checks that one needs to carry out before going ahead and deciding to rent.
Apart from that, there are some more technical considerations regarding the features of appliances that should be studied. The first and foremost thing to consider is- of course, the renting fees and then one needs to rethink the duration for which this appliance needs to be hired. But after a quick calculation of the real cost of hiring, one must go through the product reviews to check the following features:
- Check the company reviews for that particular appliance.
- Check the operational know-how of the appliance.
- Understand its Energy Efficiency Ratio,
- Consider the size and capacity of the appliance.
- In the case of renting refrigerators, check the storage space.
- In the case of hiring a washing machine or dishwasher, one needs to consider whether or not it is fully automatic or semi-automatic, etc.
- In the case of Air Conditioners, one needs to check whether or not it is split AC or window AC. In either case, one needs to look into the suitability of the appliance given the individual’s choice and living conditions.
- Suitability and desirability of any appliance given the medical history of any individual or any of the family members should also be considered.
- One needs to consider the customer service support and repair facilities available for the appliance.
A detailed consideration of these features can indeed make one’s life much easier and the experience of renting glitch-free.
click here more