A very common feature of today’s competitive digital world is that almost every organization wants to deliver their reliable software products to the market quickly as well as constantly improve them. So DevOps comes into the picture where companies use DevOps Services and implement DevOps tools/techniques for project management. It is forecasted that it will reach $12.85 billion by the year 2025.
DevOps is becoming the gold standard in today’s technological world as it can provide continuous delivery of software with better collaboration between teams. It supports easy deployment with better efficiency and scalability. DevOps has become essential as it offers more security than any other application with less manual intervention (fewer errors). It also can perform IT operations holistically in terms of value.
DevOps is gaining popularity day by day as it provides a collaborative environment with common trust, communication, problem-solving, and skill/idea-sharing features. One of the important benefits of DevOps is that it focuses on continuous improvement based on customer feedback. It can also switch to new technologies to optimize the product quality, speed, and cost of the delivery. Due to its benefits, there is increased demand for certified DevOps engineers and also DevOps certifications that can help them kick-start their careers in this domain.
This article will throw light on getting DevOps certifications quicker and easier.
What is DevOps?
DevOps, as the name shows, is made up of two terms, Dev and Ops. where Dev stands for software development and Ops stands for operations. It is generally known as a union of practices, philosophies, or tools that help to increase a company’s ability to deliver services and applications at high velocity. It also helps in improving products at a faster pace. DevOps technologies aim to better serve their customers and compete more effectively in market situations.
DevOps is also defined as software engineering that can integrate the development process and operational processes by facilitating a culture of collaboration and shared responsibility.
Now DevOps certifications are the credentials that provide you with in-depth knowledge of various DevOps tools and technologies such as Docker, Jenkins, Git, Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Grafana, and Prometheus. DevOps certification can help you become a perfect DevOps practitioner. You can earn these certifications online at your own pace. It provides you with a vast community of learners worldwide to improve your skills. Simply DevOps is an accredited certification that demonstrates specific competitive skills, expertise, and subject matter required to become a successful DevOps professional.
How to get DevOps Certification?
It is known that this digital world is full of competition, and so is the field of DevOps, as reputed industry experts offer several DevOps certifications. DevOps job roles ranked among the highest paying salaries; therefore, achieving a DevOps certification can enhance your chances of getting your desired jobs. Let us know how one can get DevOps certification.
- Registration- To get any certification in any field it is necessary to get registered for a foundational course or training in this domain. First, it is essential to enroll in a DevOps foundation training course. It can help you leverage practices to transform Lean, ITSM, and Agile processes. It also helps you learn with engaging activities, real-world projects, and case studies. Several training organizations provide online or offline( classroom) training so you can attend according to your pace.
- Take the Exam- After registration, it is necessary to take an exam organized to gain DevOps certification. It involves 40 multiple choice questions and the time limit is 60 minutes for the online exam. You have to use a voucher provided with the courseware. Here you have to score a minimum of 65% to get the certification.
- Get your Certification- After scoring 65% and above, you will be offered online certification that can be downloaded via the online process. This DevOps certification can help you accelerate and gear up your DevOps career.
- Develop Basic devOps Skills- Now is time to learn how to present common DevOps practices in any organization to reach reduced lead times, high-quality software production, and more frequent deployment. It is mandatory to discover the basic principles of DevOps and earn the skills to put them in the real-time workplace and projects.
- Maintain Your Certification- It is also necessary to keep in mind that most of the DevOps certifications expire two years from the date of completion. It is essential to maintain the highest quality of learning and continue upskilling yourself to stay ahead of your competitors.
You can upgrade yourself with a continuing education program and earn Continuing Education Units via participating in different kinds of events, certifications, courses, and other verified learning opportunities.
For your career moves, you must earn certifications that can show your comprehensive skills and competence with foundational practices for DevOps, Agile, DevSecOps, and SRE.
- DevOps Certifications- There are several certifications available in the market but few are important and one must have them on their resume to achieve their desired job role in DevOps. Docker Certified Associate, Googles Professional cloud DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, Simplilearn’s Postgraduate Program in DevOps, Kubernetes Certification, Azure DevOps Solution Certification Exam, Puppet Professional Certification, Hashicorp certified terraform associate DevOps, Microsoft Certified azure DevOps Engineer expert, etc are some of the best DevOps certification and training programs you can opt for and find your niche.
Prerequisites- There are no prerequisites required to achieve DevOps Foundation Certification Course. But sound knowledge of IT terminology and some IT-related work experience is required in advance. On the other hand, this certification can be gained by those who have a keen interest in DevOps as a culture, a philosophy, or a movement that helps organizations innovate faster and provide a high value to customers and businesses.
In today’s competitive age, more than ever, organizations require DevOps professionals with sound knowledge and validated skills to support their digital transformation. So many professionals, as well as freshers, are seeking suitable Devops certification courses to start their careers in this hopeful domain. These certifications can help advance your DevOps career, gear up your skills and help you grow professionally.
Read also : How to Throw a Great Party: Some Cool Ideas