If you don’t know how to file your NIL GST tax return through SMS, you’re in the right place. You can easily send NIL GST returns via SMS. This article details how to file nil gst return through sms .
When can I send NIL GST returns by SMS?
Zero GSTR-1 can be registered after 1 month after the fiscal period (month/quarter).
- For April 2020, zero return is only available from May 1, 2020.
- For the first quarter of fiscal year 2020-21, the nil report is only available from July 1, 2020.
If you attempt to submit before this timeframe, an error will occur.
When sending an SMS, a monthly sender can specify the corresponding archive month or return period as “MMYYYY”. For example, while a quarterly file should show the last month of the quarter, June 2020 for the April to June 2020 quarter would be entered as “062020” when sending an SMS.
What is Nile GSTR-1? Before considering how to present null GSTR 1, let’s first understand what null GSTR 1 is. For certain tax periods and registered taxpayers, returns will be labeled as GSTR-1 invalid only if all of the following conditions are met:
No application requirements GSTR-1
- There are no sales or supplies issued for related taxes during the month or quarter.
- There are no assignments or assignments that give rise to tax obligations based on the reverse calculation of the relevant tax period. 3. There is no foreign sale or supply for export or zero-rate supply for the relevant tax period.
- No source has been reported requiring correction in the previous tax period.
- No debt or credit notes may be amended or declared in the relevant financial period.
- There is no requirement that the prepayment received for future deliveries in the relevant financial period be stated or adjusted.
What are the prerequisites for filing a GSTR 1 Zero Declaration?
Registered taxpayers i.e. Special Economic Zone (SEZ) developers, SEZ units, one-time taxpayers, and regular taxpayers with a valid GSTIN can file a GST cancellation declaration via text message. The Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBIC) provided the same notice with a notice number. August 2020. However, there are some essential prerequisites for submitting reports via SMS:
One. You must enter the contact or mobile phone number of the signer registered on the GST portal (services.gst.gov.in).
- The GSTR1 network must not contain data in the form stored or submitted in the month to the GST Gateway.
- GST Nil can be deposited via SMS at any time after the 1st of the month following the month. 4. The registered taxpayer must have opted for the possibility of repeating the return monthly or quarterly for the return.
Who are the eligible taxpayers?
The CBIC and the government have issued guidelines on how to file nil return through sms. However, not all taxpayers can send returns through SMS. Before choosing this facility, some conditions must be considered. Registered taxpayers eligible to send zero return via SMS are:
- The registered taxpayer can send the zero return of GST only by SMS if there is no external delivery in the period related to the filing of the return. A supply from a third party to a business unit includes any taxable supply, including a deemed export, a zero-rate supply, and a supply of reverse charges separate from sales that are subject to normal business tax.
- Taxpayers have no changes to assets filed the previous month.
- No credit or debit note will be changed or declared.
- There are no adjustments or declarations of received installments for future deliveries. Authorized representatives of certain GSTIN holders may submit GSTR 1-Null returns via SMS.
Statement of non-return of GSTR-1 before July 2020
You can also archive your GSTR-1 via the GST portal or via SMS. When you select an archive in the portal, the GST account holder’s returns dashboard shows that there is a GSTR-1 button for submitting returns. To declare GSTR-1 details, taxpayers can file a declaration through the GSTR-1 Declarations Table.
Before starting a return declaration, the GST portal asks a series of questions so that the relevant tables are available for the submission of details. The user has to answer all these questions and then the GSTR-1 archiving process begins. It is a long file process. This becomes annoying, especially when submitting a zero declaration. For this reason, submitting the file nil gst return through sms is a faster and easier option.
Steps to archive NIL GSTR-1 via SMS:
Here are two simple steps to return an invalid gst via SMS.
To send SMS or SMS to a mobile number registered on 14409, enter “NIL (blank) R1 (blank) GSTIN (blank) Tax Period in MMYYYY” to enable the SMS function.
Once the message is sent, you will receive a 6-digit verification code via SMS to the same registered mobile number and will be valid for up to 30 minutes. for example:
- For GSTR-1 April 2022, enter NIL R1 09AAAAAAAAAA1ZC 042022.
- For a quarterly GSTR-1 for the April-June 2022 quarter, enter NIL R1 09AAAAAAAAAA1ZC 062022.
SMS 14409 “CNF(blank) R1(blank) code” to verify GSTR-1 NIL declaration using the code above
Example: CNF R1 123456. This step must be completed within 30 minutes of receiving the verification code.
Then, after valid GSTN verification, the NIL GSTR-1 is maintained and the user receives an application reference number (ARN) via SMS via the primary approved signer’s registered email ID. The status of GSTR 1 details for a specific fiscal period is updated from Saved.