When you establish a connection between your Netgear Nighthawk router and modem, it automatically generates an IP address from your ISP. However, sometimes you need to enter the IP address manually to connect to the internet. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to enter a static IP address on your Netgear router. So, read on.
Steps to Enter Static IP Address on Netgear Nighthawk Router
Go through the following steps to enter a static IP address on your Netgear router manually so that you can connect it to the internet:
1. Power Up Your Netgear Router
1.1 To begin with, plug your Netgear Nighthawk router into a power source.
1.2 Switch on the Power button.
1.3 Let the power LED on your Netgear router glow green.
Connect Your Router and Modem
2.1 Once the router LED stabilizes, grab an Ethernet cable.
2.2 Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to your Nighthawk router and another to the modem.
- Access the Netgear Router Login Page
- Now, switch on your computer.
- Launch your preferred internet browser.
- Enter the default web address of your Netgear Nighthawk router in the address bar of the internet browser.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear router login page will appear.
- Log in to Your Netgear Router
- Enter the default username and password of your Netgear Nighthawk router into their respective fields.
- Once done, click the Log In button.
- The Netgear router dashboard will come into view.
- The Netgear Genie Setup Wizard
- Select the Internet option.
- The Internet Setup page will be displayed.
- Go to the Does your Internet connection require a login? Section.
- Once there, select the Yes radio button.
- Now, select the encapsulation method from the Internet Service Provider menu.
- Thereafter, enter the login name provided by your Internet Service Provider.
- Type the password in the Password field.
- Enter the Service Name (if required) of your Internet Service Provider.
- Set a Static IP
- Go to the Connection Mode menu and select one out of the following options:
- Always On
- Dial on Demand
- Manually Connect
- Now, select an Internet Address radio button from the given options:
- Get Dynamically from ISP: Your Internet Service Provider assigns the IP address using DHCP.
- Use Static IP Addresses: Enter the IP address, IP subnet mask, and the gateway IP address manually.
- Let the Changes be Effective
- After assigning the IP address to your Nighthawk router, click the Apply button.
- The settings will be saved.
In this way, you can enter a static IP address on your Netgear Nighthawk router by accessing the www.routerlogin.net setup wizard.
Points to Remember While Entering Static IP
- Make sure that your Netgear Nighthawk router is plugged into a working power source. You can also use a UPS to avoid power outages.
- Ensure that there is a finger-tight cable connection between your Netgear Nighthawk router and the modem. Also, check if there are any cuts on the Ethernet cable.
- The web browser you are using should be updated and free from cookies, cache, and browsing history. Otherwise, you’ll face issues while entering a static IP address on your Netgear router.
- Be aware while entering the default username and password to log in to your router. Incorrect login details can prevent you from performing Netgear Nighthawk login.
- Disable the firewall and antivirus software on your computer while entering a static IP on your Netgear router.
This was all about how you can enter the static IP address on your Netgear Nighthawk router. Let’s hope that you’ll be able to do that. If you liked reading the article, then don’t forget to leave a word of gratitude in the comment section.