Have you ever wanted to build your own kid playhouse? Maybe you’ve seen pictures of them and you’ve been itching to build one of your own. Or maybe you’ve been looking for some fun DIY projects to keep your kids busy this summer. Outdoor kids playhouses are a great way to give your kids their own space while also giving them the opportunity to be outside and have fun. A kid playhouse can be a wonderful addition to your backyard, providing a space for your kids to play, explore, and have fun. It can also be an ideal space for you to relax and read a book or have a cup of tea. Of course, you can also build a kid playhouse as a fun DIY project to keep your kids busy this summer. Here’s how you can do it the easy way.
How to Build a Kid Playhouse?
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to build a kid playhouse.
- Begin by drawing out the dimensions of the playhouse on the ground. Make sure you measure the inside dimensions of the playhouse and add 10-15 inches to the dimensions. This will ensure your playhouse has enough space for your kids. You can also use an online tool like Paper Planner to help you draw out the dimensions of the playhouse.
- Next, you’ll need to cut down the wood. You’ll need to cut 16 x 8 sheets of 1/2 inch plywood; 16 x 8 sheets of 1/2 inch plywood; 1 x 8 planks to make the sides of the playhouse, and you’ll need to cut 1 x 8 planks to make the roof.
- When you’re done cutting down the wood, start placing the pieces together. You’ll want to start with the sides of the playhouse and then work your way up to the roof.
- After you’ve arranged all of your pieces, add more pieces to your playhouse – you’ll want to build a ladder, a slide, and a climbing structure.
- Add more details to your playhouse, such as a window and a door. You should also paint your playhouse to add a layer of texture to the playhouse. Alternatively, you can also add a canvas roof to your playhouse and make it look like a treehouse.
- Once completed, your playhouse is ready to be put to use. You can use it to give your kids a space of their own where they can play, explore, and have fun. Alternatively, you can also use it as an extra play area for your kids that doesn’t involve using the backyard.
Make the Foundation
The first step to building a kid playhouse is making the foundation. You can use wood or concrete to make the foundation.
- Make sure your playhouse is surrounded by a fence that is at least 6 feet high. This will keep your kids from falling out of the playhouse.
- Once the fence is in place, lay out the foundation for the playhouse. The foundation should be 6 inches away from the inside of the fence.
- Next, add more footings to your playhouse by drilling holes in the ground and placing 1/2 inch wooden dowels into them. This will prevent your playhouse from sinking into the ground.
Add the Walls
The next step in building a kid playhouse is to build the walls. This is when you’ll start to create the inside of your playhouse.
- If you’re using wood, you can either nail the wood or staple it together. If you’re using concrete, you can either screw the concrete or simply place some rocks in the bottom of it.
- Let the concrete dry for at least 24 hours before moving on to the next step.
- Add the wood or concrete walls to your playhouse by first painting the inside walls and then placing them next to one another. Then, simply use a ladder or step stool to nail the wood walls to one another.
Add the Roof and floor
Now that you have the walls of your playhouse in place, you can start adding the roof and the floor. The roof should be attached to the walls with lapping and then topped off with a pitched roof.
- If you’re using wood for the roof, you can simply nail the wood on top of the walls.
- Alternatively, you can use a wooden shingle to create a pitched roof. Alternatively, you can simply create an E-shaped roof with the walls of the playhouse.
- If you want your playhouse to have a floor, you can either do it yourself or you can simply add in 2 x 8 planks that you’ve cut to size.
The final step in building kids play house is to add some decorative details. You can either paint or add wood to your playhouse. You can paint your playhouse or simply add wood to make it look more authentic.
- You can paint the inside of your playhouse and then add a few furniture pieces, such as a bed, a table, and some chairs. Alternatively, you can simply add potted plants and a few toys to your playhouse.
- Alternatively, you can also simply add a canvas roof to your playhouse to create a treehouse look.
Final Steps: Add Windows and Decoration
Once you’ve built your kid playhouse, you can go ahead and add in some windows and decorations. This will add another layer of fun to your playhouse.
- Add in windows to your playhouse. You can either purchase wooden windows or simply drill some holes in your walls and place some dowels in them.
- Add in a ladder, a slide, and a climbing structure to your playhouse.
Building a kid playhouse can be a fun project for you and your family. You can build a playhouse for your kids and you can also build a playhouse for your nieces and nephews. A playhouse is a great place for your kids to play and explore. It’s also a great place for you to relax and read a book. There are a lot of different ways you can build a kid playhouse. The best way to build a kid playhouse is to do it the easy way.