Indeed, the Combined Defence Services Exam (CDS) is the most prestigious test conducted every year to onboard the best talent from around the country to the various branches of the Indian armed forces. It adds wings to the dream of individuals who wish to serve the nation. The CDS exam is conducted to select candidates for the following branches:
- Indian Army
- Indian Navy
- Indian Airforce
- Naval Academy
- Officers Training Academy
Current Affairs forms a part of the CDS syllabus in GK section. Thus, candidates preparing for CDS 2022 must be acquainted with the current affairs as well.
Importance of Current Affairs in CDS Exam
Being a CDS aspirant, you should be well versed with current affairs in the CDS syllabus. This will help you achieve good marks in the exam. So here is the rundown of why Current Affairs is important in the CDS Exam:
- A major chunk of questions asked in the CDS exams are related to current affairs, so you can attain good marks by preparing well.
- Questions are mainly asked from static topics like Indian Polity, Geography, Economics, Science and Technology, and environment, so prepare them with utmost diligence. You can find section-wise current affairs topics available at BYJU’S Exam Prep for better understanding.
How Many Months of Current Affairs is Sufficient for the CDS Exam?
Around 9-10 months of current affairs are sufficient for the CDS Exam. You need to be aware of all events that have occurred in the past ten months and have that information at your fingertips. It also includes information like events, activities, and important announcements.
Concentrate on every current affairs topic exhaustively and read them properly before your test. There are numerous statistical data points that you need to learn as a part of the CDS syllabus. Consequently, without revision, recalling it during your examination will be difficult. You can also check BYJU’S Exam Prep as they offer a personalised preparation kit that makes this task easier and more effective.
How to Master Current Affairs for the CDS Exam?
We have all been told that scoring 60+ marks in the CDS Maths and English papers seems like a cakewalk but clearing the cut off for the CDS Current Affairs paper seems challenging for some.
Here are some expert tips for mastering current affairs:
- The first practice you need to inculcate in your daily routine is reading newspapers. Look for the mainlines and financial newspapers like The Hindu, The Times of India, The Financial Express, and Mint and read them daily without fail. This will help you get a good grip on current affairs. Ensure that you read a good newspaper and take notes on important topics.
- You will find a plethora of sources online to read monthly current affairs – track those and start reading them. There might be some news that hasn’t been covered enough in newspapers, so be vigilant and don’t miss any important news.
- Make a habit of solving Current Affairs mock papers daily. This will deepen your knowledge and boost your understanding of the subject. Many students neglect solving papers and, as a result, are unable to solve the paper on time due to lack of practice.
- Be well-versed with events that have occurred over the past year and stay updated on the significance of all that is happening in the country.
Understand that there is no shortcut to getting 100% results in your CDS exams. You need to work harder and smarter to pass the exam with flying colours.
The CDS Result 2022 will be rolled out by the UPSC on its official website after successfully completing the examination, along with a PDF file of the same.
Prepare for the Current Affairs paper as it offers a huge opportunity to score maximum marks.
click here for more articles.