Netgear Orbi routers are one of the most famous devices in the WiFi industry nowadays. However, many users have been facing connection issues with their Orbi. Are you amongst those users? Are you facing Netgear Orbi connection issues too? If yes, then know that you’ve nothing to worry about! In this article, I’ve mentioned one of the topmost ways through which you can get your Orbi device running again. So, without letting your mind worry any more, read on.
Resolved: Netgear Orbi Connection Issues
Reboot Your Orbi Router
Whenever users get bugged by technical issues, they prefer restarting their device. Perhaps, you should restart your device too. It might work for you! Mentioned below are the instructions that you need to follow to restart or reboot your Netgear Orbi:
- Power off your Netgear Orbi router.
- Next, unplug the power adapter from the socket.
- Let your Orbi device relax for a couple of seconds.
- Then, plug the power adapter back into the wall outlet.
- Now, turn on your Orbi and connect it to the modem.
Hopefully, restarting your device helped you in getting rid of the connection issues. In case it didn’t, then scroll down, and continue reading.
Perform Orbi Firmware Update
Performing Orbi firmware update is another thing that you can do to get of Netgear Orbi connection issues. Relax! Updating the firmware of your WiFi device isn’t rocket science. On the contrary, it’s quite simple. In order to update your device, all you need to do is, walk through the below-given steps:
- Grab a cable and connect your Orbi router to the modem.
- Then, turn on the Orbi satellite and sync it with the Orbi router.
- Switch on your PC and launch a web browser on it.
- Access orbilogin.net or 192.168.1.1 and go to Settings.
- Once you find the Firmware Update option, click on it.
And you are done! In this way, not only will you be able to update the firmware of your device but also get rid of Netgear Orbi connection issues. What happened? Is your WiFi device still giving you a headache? Well, that’s probably because the network adapter isn’t enabled.
Enable the Network Adapter
A disabled network adapter is one of the biggest reasons why you’re facing connection issues with your Orbi device. Thus, make sure that the network adapter is enabled. Here are the guidelines to enable the network adapter:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and click on the Run button.
- Input ncpa. cpl in the Run window and hit Enter.
- A window named Network Connections will appear on your screen.
- Check whether the network adapter is enabled or not.
- If not, then go to the Context menu and click on the Enable button
Are you still facing Netgear Orbi connection issues? If yes, then sorry to say, it looks like your WiFi device needs a reset.
Reset Your Netgear Orbi Router
Resetting your Orbi device means restoring it to its factory default settings. In other words, every change that you’ve made to your WiFi device will get vanished into thin air. So, if you are ready to take the risk, take the help of the steps outlined below to reset your device:
- Open a new tab in your web browser and access orbi setup page.
- Navigate to Settings > Erase > Restore to factory default settings.
- Give your Netgear Orbi device a couple of seconds to get restored to its default mode.
After resetting your device, check whether you’re still facing Netgear Orbi connection issues. If not, then congratulations! I’m glad that this article was able to help you in fixing connection issues with your WiFi device.