Every salaried employee should know about the Employee Provident Fund, a retirement benefits scheme for the salaried class. The Ministry of Labour and Employment governs EPFO. However, members can easily access their RPF accounts in this online age by using the UAN E-Sewa Online Portal and managing their PF accounts without visiting the EPFO office.
Let us discuss easy ways to use the unified member portal, UAN E-Sewa.
Before you learn to use the UAN E-Sewa portal, you must activate your UAN (Universal Account Number).
UAN – Universal Account Number
The EPFO assigns the 12-digit UAN to every employee contributing to their PF. This unique number remains constant throughout their lives even if they change jobs. It is possible to merge multiple PF accounts using the unified member portal.
Activating the UAN
Before you use the UAN E-Sewa Online Portal, you should activate your UAN. These simple steps enable the UAN activation process.
a. Access the UAN E-Sewa Portal and click on the ‘Activate UAN’ option provided at the bottom of the page.
b. Enter the details asked for, like UAN, name, DOB, mobile number, and email address.
c. Complete the Captcha verification and click on ‘Get Authorisation PIN.’
d. Click on the ‘I Agree’ tab and enter the PIN. Then, proceed to ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN.’
e. You get an SMS that your UAN is activated. Besides, the message contains the password that enables access to the unified member portal.
Accessing the UAN E-Sewa Online Portal
Accessing the UAN E-Sewa Portal is easy.
a. Visit the official website of the unified member portal.
b. Enter your UAN.
c. If accessing for the first time, enter the password received on your mobile when activating UAN.
d. You can change the account password under the ‘Account’ option.
e. If you forget the password, you can click on the ‘Forgot Password’ to generate a new one.
The Services Available on the UAN E-Sewa Portal
The UAN E-Sewa Portal offers various services related to your EPF account. Here are the Tab-wise utility functions.
The View Tab allows users to access the following information using the drop-down menu.
· Profile – The Profile contains details of the user’s UAN, name, DOB, gender, father/spouse’s name, relation, qualifications, international worker, marital status, permanent address, present address, and whether differently-abled. Users can modify certain details and update them. This section also allows users to upload their photos.
· Service History – The Service History section displays EPF details and the list of organizations linked to your account. In addition, it provides the member ID, establishment name, establishment ID, and the dates of joining and ending of EPF (employee provident fund), EPS (employee pension scheme), and FPS (family pension scheme).
· UAN Card – This section allows users to view and download their UAN cards from the unified member portal. Users need it when withdrawing PF offline or transferring PF accounts.
· Passbook – The EPF passbook contains details of all contributions made by the user, the employer, and the accrued interest on the deposits. It also provides information on all withdrawals made from the EPF account. The user has to log in using the UAN and password to access the EPF passbook.
The Manage Tab offers four sections in the drop-down menu. Users can modify their details like name, address, phone numbers, and complete KYC requirements. A member can add KYC details using their PAN, bank account, Aadhar card, passport, driving license, voter’s ID card, ration card, and the NPR (National Population Register).
Completing KYC requirements is essential for availing the services of the UAN E-Sewa Online Portal.
c. Online Services
The Online Services tab allows for the following four options.
· Claim – Form 31, Form 19, Form 10C, Form 10D
This option enables users to withdraw their PF partially or entirely using the set of composite claim forms. However, linking the Aadhar number with the UAN is essential to withdraw from the EPF account.
· Transfer – One member – one account
Users can merge various EPF accounts and transfer funds from one account to another. First, however, users should update their KYC and furnish the bank account details on the unified member portal.
· Track Claim Status
As mentioned above, users can withdraw their PF partially or entirely. Then, the amount gets transferred to the respective bank account within a prescribed time limit, depending on the request. The Track Claim Status enables users to track their claim status at any time.
· Download Annexure K
Users have to submit Annexure K when they transfer their PF from an exempted establishment to an unexempted establishment, or vice-versa. An exempt establishment maintains its EPF trust, whereas the EPFO manages the PF of employees in an unexempted establishment.
Annexure K contains details of the user’s PF account, such as PF number, UAN, and PF amount. It serves as documentary proof of the PF amount transferred between exempted and unexempted establishments and vice versa.
Users can download Annexure K from the unified member portal. In addition, downloading Annexure K online allows users to check the PF transferred amounts on their EPF passbooks.
While logging into the UAN E-Sewa online portal is easy, users can contact the UAN helpline if they face any difficulties.
a. Toll-free Help Desk Number – 1800-11-8005
b. Email ID – [email protected]
c. EPFO Offices – Users can view the list of EPFO offices here.
Accessing and using the services of the UAN E-Sewa Online Portal is easy. However, the users must complete KYC verification and a document-less validation process. Besides, users can also access the information available on the unified member portal through the UMANG app.