Since GTA V’s release in 2013 a plethora of hundreds of thousands of modifications were created to support the game. The community of modders is among the most enthusiastic gamers and this is true for every Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most popular game to date, it’s easy to understand that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support. One of the biggest issues that gamers face with mods is figuring out how to install and download them in order that they function in game. This can be difficult for those who may not be the best at technology. There’s also the issue of determining which modifications to download in 2022 almost 9 years since the game initially launched. Below, players will be able to see the exact steps to download mods within GTA V and which ones they should be considering installing first.
Downloading Mods in GTA V
Before players know the mods to install, they should be aware of how to download the mods. It’s important to know that players are only able to make use of mods when playing in single-player mode in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods in GTA Online. If players try to play GTA Online with mods enabled it could result in being banned. There are a variety of steps involved in downloading mods for GTA V. The first step is described below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Start the download on your browser, and then follow the steps to install the application will lay out
- Once the installation is completed, open OpenIV and then select Windows in the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue, and then hit the Tools box that is located on in the upper taskbar on OpenIV
- Click on ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. If you are prompted, select Yes.
What this process gives players is an opportunity where they can download, and then manage GTA V mods. Users can access the OpenIV application anytime to monitor how their mods are doing, deinstall them, or alter the mods. The next step in the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Check out: GTA 5 mods – Best Modding
- Select a mod that you wish to download. You can choose a specific class of mods from the menu on the site
- Once a mode is selected Click on the box, and then click the green button to download it.
- Certain mods will download a .rar extension file into your internet browser, while other will direct you to an Github page that will show the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require a different program for opening it for instance, 7-Zip File Management, which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store
- When you have opened the .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document that you can open in Notepad. This will give you directions for downloading the mod fully. the mod
- If a mod is listed on the Github page you can download the most recent version. The mod will be downloaded in a zip file that you have to extract to another folder on your computer.
- After the files have been extracted Copy then paste them to the Mods folder in the computer’s GTA V game directory. This is the same directory you specified in the file path of the OpenIV application.
- Then, launch GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of your file to GTA V’s GTA V directory or followed the directions for the .rar file
Although this procedure covers general mods accessible for download, there are mods that make use of scripts. This requires a different mod, called Script Hook for it to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and extract the contents to another folder on your computer.
- Cut and copy the contents of the file into the directory for games within GTA V, but don’t put them in a particular directory.
- Create a new folder within the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose the script mod you want to download (these typically are marked with .net)
- Unzip the mod file then extract it time
- Paste and copy the content of your file to the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure to follow the guidelines to use the mod by the mod’s creator. These directions is available at the best-modding.com page about the mod
When all the actions are done Once all of those steps are completed, players can begin using mods without restriction within GTA V.