Are you unable to see the extender’s Netgear_ext on your network list? If the answer to the question is yes, then we understand what you are dealing with. But, why worry when we’re here to help you? In this article, we have mentioned several troubleshooting tips that will help you resolve the issue at hand. So, without wasting any time, read on.
Fixed: Can’t See Netgear_Ext on Network List
Here are the troubleshooting tips to follow when you are unable to see the extender’s Netgear_ext on your network list:
- Have a Super-Fast Internet Connection
The first and foremost reason why you can’t see the extender’s Netgear_ext on the network list is a poor internet connection. To fix this issue, make sure that your extender is properly connected to the router. If doing so fails to resolve the issue, then without any delay, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider and inquire if there is an internet issue from his end. Just in case it is, ask him to fix it as soon as possible.
- Update the Firmware of Netgear Extender
Do you keep ignoring firmware updates of your Netgear extender? If yes, then congratulations! You have found another reason behind the ‘ Netgear_ext not appearing on my network list’. Now, you better know what to do. And, for your ease, we’ve summed up the firmware update process of the Netgear extender in a few simple steps given below:
- Ensure that your Netgear extender is properly connected to a working wall socket and the power LED is glowing solid green.
- Now, connect your WiFi devices i.e. Netgear extender and the router.
- Once done, access the Netgear extender administrative page using the 192.168.1.250 IP address.
- Enter the default login credentials of your extender and click Log In.
- After successfully logging in to your Netgear extender, head over to the Settings menu.
- Thereafter, click Administration > Firmware Update.
- Let your WiFi device detect if any firmware update is available.
- Follow the on-screen prompts if a new version of firmware is available for your Netgear extender.
Your Netgear extender will get updated. Now, refresh your network list and check if the extender’s Netgear_ext appears on it. If not, then the issue might be due to an improper distance between your WiFi devices.
- Maintain a Safe Distance Between WiFi Devices
Proper distance between your Netgear extender and router holds equal importance as the connection between them. Placing both WiFi devices too far will make it difficult for them to communicate,whereas, if you’ve placed them too close, then it can result in a clash of their WiFi signals. Therefore, it is advised to maintain a safe distance between both WiFi devices and place them in a neat and clean area.
- Reset the Netgear Extender
If none of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips have worked for you so far, then go for the reset process. Resetting the extender will wipe out the customized settings and relieve you from the ‘ Netgear_ext not appearing on my network list’ issue. Walk through the instructions given below to restore your Netgear range extender to factory default settings:
- Verify that your Netgear extender is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Now, look for the Reset button on the extender.
- As soon as you find the button, grab a pin-like object to press it.
- Your Netgear extender will get restored to its factory default state.
Now, you can configure your Netgear extender from scratch by accessing the mywifiext page.
Did you get success in resolving the ‘ Netgear_ext not appearing on my network list’ issue? If yes, then we would like to congratulate you on fixing it. If you enjoyed reading the article, feel free to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.