Are you frustrated with constantly seeing your Netgear Orbi device blink purple? Well, you aren’t the only one who’s facing this issue. Users all across the globe have complained about experiencing the purple light issue with their Netgear Orbi routers.
There can be many reasons behind the Netgear Orbi purple light issue: technical glitches, loose cable connections, outdated firmware, WiFi interference, damaged hardware, etc. But, no matter the reason why you’re facing this issue, the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post will surely help you resolve it. So, scroll down and read on.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Purple Light Issue
Perform Orbi Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device has many perks. It not only fixes bugs but also enhances the overall performance of your device.
So, before you try any other troubleshooting step, perform a Netgear Orbi firmware update. Here’s how:
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser.
- In the address of the internet browser, type orbilogin com.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will get welcomed by the Netgear Orbi login page.
- Fill the default Orbi login credentials into their respective fields, and click Log In.
- You will be taken to the BASIC Home screen.
- Go to Settings > Maintenance.
- Look for the Firmware Update option.
- Once found, select it.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to complete performing Netgear Orbi firmware update.
If updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device didn’t work for you in troubleshooting the purple light issue, keep reading this post.
- Check the Hardware
Check the hardware of your Netgear Orbi router. Make sure that the wall outlet into which your wireless device is plugged is in good condition. If it isn’t, then it is advised that you plug your Orbi device into another wall socket.
Additionally, ensure that your Netgear Orbi WiFi router is receiving enough power supply from the power source.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
Ensure that the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem does not have any major cuts. On the off chance, it has, then it is recommended that you get the Ethernet cable changed.
Apart from ensuring a proper cable connection, see that your Orbi router and the modem are placed in close proximity. Too much distance between your devices isn’t good.
Reboot Your Netgear Orbi Router
As mentioned earlier, technical glitches can be one of the many reasons why you’re fighting against the Netgear Orbi purple light. But, worry not because these glitches can be taken care of. How? Well, by rebooting the Orbi router.
Here are the steps that you should follow to reboot your Netgear Orbi device:
- Power off your Orbi wireless router and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug your wireless router back into the wall socket and turn it on.
Now, check whether you are able to resolve the Orbi purple light issue. No luck? Well, in that case, you are sadly left with no other option than to reset your device.
- Perform Factory Default Reset
Here are the guidelines that you should follow to reset your Netgear Orbi wireless device:
- Look for the Reset button on your Orbi router.
- Once found, carefully press it using a pointed object.
- Wait for a second or two and let your wireless device get restored to the default mode.
In this manner, you’ll be able to reset your Netgear Orbi device. Now, access the orbi login administrative page, and reconfigure your WiFi router.
Our guide to troubleshooting the Netgear Orbi purple light has come to an end here. Let’s hope that the tips mentioned above helped you get rid of the issue you were facing.
If there is another way you are aware of that can help in fixing the purple light issue, do let us know through the comment section.