There are plenty of reasons why there is a need for you to change the admin password of your Rock space WiFi extender. However, the most important reason why you should change the admin password of your extender is because its network can be easily accessed by anyone. And by ‘anyone’ we mean any hacker or unauthorized, no matter where they are sitting, if they are aware of the admin password of your extender, they’ll be able to access its network within seconds.
If you have understood the need to change the Rockspace extender admin password, then follow the guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to go through the process.
How to Change Rock Space Extender Admin Password?
- Plug your Rock space wireless range extender into a non-damaged power source.
- Press the power button in order to turn on the extender.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect your extender and router.
- Thereafter, open up a web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Take the cursor to the address bar of your internet browser.
- Type 192.168.0.254 in the address field and press Enter.
- The official login page of your Rock space extender page will come into view.
- You are required to enter the username and password of your device.
- Click the Log In button.
- The main dashboard of your Rockspace wireless range extender will appear.
- Click the Administration option.
- Select the Management button.
- Enter the password that you want to assign to your wireless device.
- Click Save in order to bring the changes into effect.
Hopefully, after following these guidelines, you will be able to successfully change the admin password of your Rockspace extender. In case, achieving success didn’t get converted from a dream to reality, then follow the hacks mentioned below.
Can’t Change Rock Space Extender Admin Password?
- Use the Correct Web Address
One of the most basic reasons behind the issue that you are currently facing is the usage of an incorrect web address. Therefore, re-enter the web address of your Rockspace wireless range extender. If doing so did not do you any good, then use the default IP address to access the login page of your device.
- Enter the Right Admin Details
There is a possibility that you have entered the wrong login username and password to access the Rockspace extender setup wizard. Thus, make sure that you use the correct login credentials when required. Many users confuse Rockspace login details with Rackspace logindetails. We hope that you have not made the same mistake. In case you have, then rectify it without wasting any more time.
- Eliminate WiFi Interference
Your Rockspace wireless range extender should not be kept anywhere near mirrors, fish tanks, cordless phones, washing machines, treadmills, televisions, baby monitors, corners, Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, aluminum studs, microwave ovens, concrete walls, etc.
The reason being, such devices can cause interference in the WiFi signals of your range extender thereby preventing you from successfully performing a lot of tasks on it.
- Replace the Ethernet Cable
The Ethernet cable that you have used to maintain a connection between your Rockspace extender and router should not have any cuts on it. On the off chance, it does, then you need to replace it with a new one.
Changing the default admin password of your Rockspace wireless range extender is important if you want to secure its network from potential threats. We hope that the aforementioned guidelines helped you in changing the password of your device with ease.
In case they did, we would really appreciate it if you share your feedback with us and your fellow readers via the comment section.